Hi guys, while the August meet was in many ways another great success, there are a couple of important points that we'd like to get across to everyone in order for things to continue in the positive manner that we're currently seeing. Some of these issues are an ongoing thing so please take the time to read through this post and take note of the points listed.
- Rubbish - Thanks to Cleanaway & Westfield Warrawong we have a number of bins positioned conveniently around the venue. Unfortunately though, each month there is a distinct lack of effort put in by some people in regards to properly disposing of their rubbish...As you can see in the attached photo from last night, it seems that rather than walking literally a few steps (either way) to a bin, rubbish is left sitting on the walls, in the gardens and all throughout the car park. This is not acceptable people!
We do not enjoy ending my night each month walking around the car park for 45 mins, picking up other people's rubbish!! Enthusiasts that have been around the local car scene for long enough would be fully aware that rubbish was one of the key factors that saw the South Beach area closed off all those years ago and the same thing will happen to this venue if we don't show some respect and take responsibility for our own mess. So please people, USE THE BINS PROVIDED!!
- Parking - The Monthly Meet is exactly that; A casual car enthusiast meet open to the public, free of charge. It's NOT an organised car show. There are a select number of parking spaces at the venue that thanks to Westfields we are permitted to use each month and as you would be fully aware, with the number of cars attending each meet we're running on the limit the venue can take safely.
When parking you car at the meet, please utilise the marked out spaces as you would on any given day. That was we can ensure that we're using the available space efficiently.
- No parking on angles across multiple spaces. We know everyone wants to show off their pride and joy and it car be hard when we're all parked up snug but as we mentioned before, it's not a car show and we simply don't have the space for it, simple as that. this includes the JB Hi-Fi loading dock area.
- It's a first in best dressed thing so there is no holding spaces for other cars... People come and go all night and spaces do open up in the more popular spots so feel free to move you car around when spaces open up. If you're looking to park up with mates in a group, you'll need to look into arriving a bit earlier to try and secure the spots you're after... In saying that though, please be mindful the starting time of 6pm. It is advised not to arrive much earlier than that due to the fact that surrounding retail shops are still open at this time and we'd like to keep the area as free flowing as possible for their customers in order to keep everyone happy.
- Speed Limits & Driver Etiquette - Please be mindful that the venue is a public car park and there are pedestrians, including children walking around at all times. As with most car parks there is a snail's pace speed limit and we advise all to keep that in mind when driving through the venue and parking up.
- Please NO excessive, unnecessary engine revving or limiter bashing. There really is no need for this kind of stuff. It's just common sense...
- No hooning, speeding around corners, stalling your car up as you wait in line, spinning tyres and generally acting like a fool...This includes as you're arriving and leaving the venue. Don't go speeding off up the street on your way out... It only brings unwanted attention to the meet which we want to avoid at all costs. We have police patrols moving through the venue frequently as well as undercover cars parked up so we all need to be on our best behaviour. Anyone seen acting up will have their vehicle details taken down and forwarded to the authorities.
- Keep Road Ways Clear - As mentioned before, the venue is a public area that includes a main thoroughfare through to McDonalds. For obvious safety reasons we must keep the roads clear at all times to allow traffic to flow through smoothly.
- As spectators/pedestrians, please avoid gathering in groups in the road areas so as to impede the safe flow of traffic. We do not want to see anyone get hurt, nor do we want to see member of the general public getting annoyed that they're having a hard time getting through the car park. This is a quick way to draw unwanted negative attention to the meets.
- Yes available spaces are hard to come by once things get into full swing but we must avoid double parking as much as possible. The road ways are dual lane and not wide enough to allow for it. This is especially important for the 2 outer lanes which are the busiest during the night.
- Please avoid stopping traffic flow to talk to your mates as you drive through. there is plenty of time to catch up once you've parked your car. There's no need to stop the flow of traffic.
We the positive feedback we receive every month we'd like to think that everyone who attends these meets has a good time and enjoys the hassle free, up-beat atmosphere and we'd like to keep things that way. The wider modified car scene has copped a bad wrap over the past few years but as a local group, we've all proved that we can get out and do our thing in an organised and proper manner without all the drama that's been seen elsewhere.
If we can all just take note of the points mentioned here and work together to help ensure that we keep things moving forward in the right way, respecting the venue, other members of the public and of course each other, then we're sure that things will continue to go our way and we can enjoy our hobby, the lifestyle that we all enjoy.
Thanks for taking the time to read through this post. If you have any questions or would like to raise something with the group, please feel free to get in touch via our Facebook page or the Contact Page on this website HERE.